What is “Utter Nonsense’ time, you ask? Well, it’s when you ask me questions about…life, love, blogging, anime, manga, Yuri, whatever. And I do my very best to answer you without lifting a finger to do any research. ^_^ For previous Q&As, check out the Now This is Only My Opinion Category here on Okazu,. and take a look at the kinds of things people have asked previously.
Back in 2012, we did a Livestream Yuri Panel and it went really well. I was thinking of doing something similar this time this spring. Send me amazing questions and I’ll answer them live – and we can take questions from folks “attending” live!
There are a few rules for sending in questions:
1) I will not answer questions about “what is your favorite….” I find them difficult to answer, as I really don’t have favorites. And generally, people are looking for external validation anyway and when my favorite does not sync with theirs, they get annoyed. So, let’s not. ^_^
2) No A/B choice questions like “ham or cheese” or “Coke or Pepsi” questions, please. They aren’t all that interesting for any of us and I can tell you honestly, the answer is almost always “neither of the two.”
3) If you want to ask me what I see as the future of Yuri or why I like Yuri, I beg you to read all the previous iterations of my answers to these questions. If you have a question about Yuri that I have not previously addressed, bring it on!
4) No questions that can be answered by 30 seconds of actually READING one of my reviews here. Also, asking me “what do you think of so-and-so anime/fandom” is not going to give you the external validation you crave, nor will I rise to the bait of using it as a springboard to rant about a fandom, either. Don’t know if I’ve reviewed a thing you want to know about? Look to the right—->
See that empty box on the sidebar that says “Search Okazu“? Try that first. ^_^
5) Lastly, no “define the term” questions. The answers have been posted here: http://okazu.yuricon.com/glossary/.
Now, I realize that this makes it harder to ask me questions. But the harder you work at the questions, the harder I have to work at the answering, so it’s a fair deal. The funnier the question, the better chance of an amusing answer. ^_^
Please post your questions in the comments here and I’ll figure out a date for a Livestream Yuri Panel for all of us.
I’m looking forward to your questions!